Lexington Crop n Craft March 2019 event
Hello Lexy Crafters!
I'm super excited to meet you all and show you some really cute and super easy backgrounds to make on your cards. In the video below, I show you some of the items we will be using to make the card. As I mention in the video, I will be bring most of the non-consumable items and a few of the consumable thinks like enough of the Neenah Solar White cardstock to make 1 card each, but you are welcome to bring your own supplies and make the card uniquely your own!
This post contains some affiliate links for your convenience (which means if you make a purchase after clicking a link I will earn a small commission but it won’t cost you a penny more)! The income I make helps me with the expenses of this blog. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
If you want to check out the video tutorial before the class, be sure to check it out here.
- Neenah Solar White 110lb cardstock I will bring enough for everyone to make one card.
- Black cardstock ~ any good quality black cardstock will work. this is one of my favorites.
I will bring the following colors but if you want to bring your own, then you are welcome to do so.
- Picked Raspberry ~ Distressed Oxide Ink
- Peacock Feathers ~ Distressed Oxide Ink
- Here are a large selection of Distressed Oxide Inks to look at.
- Blending Tool ~ I will bring two blender tools and two pads, if you can I would suggest bringing your own so you are not waiting on the tool to use.
I will bring 4 different stencils listed below, but if you have your own, you are welcome to bring it.
- Sunburst (stencil) ~ AlteNew
- Rounded Swirl (stencil) ~ GKD
- Square Mandala (stencil) ~ GKD
- Captivating Mandala (stencil) ~ MFT
- Because You (stampset & die) ~ MFT
You can bring any stampset you want to use with this card, the ones below are the ones I will be bringing.
- Good Time to Wine (stampset) ~ MFT
- Mondo Cheers Die-namics ~ MFT
You do not need to emboss your sentiment but if you do, this is what you will need.
- Versamark ~ You only need this if you plan to emboss your sentiment. I will bring mine, but suggest someone else to bring it too so not every one is waiting on my pad.
- White embossing powder ~ I will not be bringing this to share
You will need to bring your own adhesives but these are some of my favorites:
- Connect Glue ~ Gina K Designs or some other liquid re-positional glue
- Xtreme Glue Runner or other strong runner tape
- Adhesive Sheets ~ this is not required but makes it so much easier to adhere the craft foam to the black cardstock. You can always use your tape runner.
Totally not necessary but it does make your card look more polished
- Water Spritzer Tool ~ forgot to mention this one in the video but it is necessary to do this project. I will bring mine, but this is a great tool to have in your toolbox.
- Heating Tool ~ here are a few choices to look at. I will bring mine.
- Paper Trimmer
- Big Shot Die Cutting Machine
- Craft Mat or Glass Mat ~ I will bring wax paper if you dont have a craft mat
- Craft Foam ~ not required. you can always glue several peices of card stock together before die cutting your word die.
- Purple tape ~ great for low tacky jobs doesn't tear your paper. you can use regular painters tape but you will need to stick it on your clothing several times to get most of the tacky out.
- Thin painters tape ~ this is great for keeping your word die cuts straight when adhering them.
Would you like to get secret access to all of my card tutorials?
Enter your information below and get access to my Free Resource Library where I post my latest tutorials. My tutorials include all of the dimensions and supply lists needed to create the projects I do here on my blog. Fill out the form below and get the secret code to get in.